Decisions, Choices & Options (DCO) is an educational presentation for high school students providing factual information about each of the options a young woman and young man faces in an unplanned pregnancy.
- Presents current data on the impact of teen pregnancy.
- Educates youth on the benefit of abstinence from sex.
- Increases awareness and understanding of each of the options facing a pregnant teen.
- Dispels myths concerning teen pregnancy.
- Provides the tools necessary for students to make healthy decisions.
- Develops the desire among teens to provide support for peers in crisis pregnancy situations.
- Increases sensitivity toward those who have placed a child for adoption, peers who were adopted, or others involved in adoption.
It’s a program for teens and the adults who care about them. Whether it happens to them or someone they know, almost every teen is touched by this issue. According to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancies, 3 in 10 girls in the U.S. become pregnant by age 20.
To learn more about our Teen Educational Services, call (786) 732-7911.