Decisions, Choices & Options (DCO) is an educational presentation for high school students providing factual information about each of the options a young woman and young man faces in an unplanned pregnancy.
It is specifically designed to:
- present current data on the impact of teen pregnancy
- educate youth on the benefit of abstinence from sex
- increase awareness and understanding of each of the options facing a pregnant teen
- dispel myths concerning teen pregnancy
- provide the tools necessary for students to make healthy decisions
- develop the desire among teens to provide support for peers in crisis pregnancy situations
- increase sensitivity toward those who have placed a child for adoption, peers who were adopted, or others involved in adoption
It’s a program for teens and the adults who care about them. Whether it happens to them or someone they know, almost every teen is touched by this issue. According to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancies, 3 in 10 girls in the U.S. become pregnant by age 20.